A new benchmark for Solar Shading
In Q3 2016 Lucros Investment acquired a shareholding in MicroShade. MicroShade is a Danish clean-tech company founded in 2003 as a spin-off from the Danish Technological Institute. MicroShade has developed a passive membrane that, when put in between a 2- or 3-layer glass, provides optimal solar shading. At the same time it ensures the best possible view out and the right amount of useful daylight. Together, these parameters raise the quality of the indoor climate significantly.
What is MicroShade?
MicroShade® is a passive and highly effective shading element fully integrated into a double or triple pane insulating glazing unit.
MicroShade® consists of microscopic lamellas which shade the direct sun progressively. The shading effect of the microscopic lamellas can be compared to that of exterior blinds, except the micro lamellas remain invisible as they are too small for the human eye to see.
In the summer, where the sun is high in the sky, the energy from the sunlight is reduced with up to 90% by the MicroShade® lamellas. In contrast, MicroShade allows roughly 35% of solar transmittance in the winter which reduces the need for heating during the cold period.
MicroShade® allows a high level of natural daylight to enter the building and is available in various configurations and colours suitable for both facade and roof applications.
Glazing with MicroShade® requires no control units, no configurations and no extra maintenance or service. MicroShade® is compatible with all modern glazing configurations including structural glazing, sound reduction and safety glazing configurations.
A good indoor climate is important for humans to thrive. People working in pleasant indoor climates are more engaged, loyal, satisfied and more productive.
The shading of solar energy and the optical properties of a glazing are critical to anyone working near the façade. A successful façade must deliver a delicate and complex balance - protecting the building against overheating in the summer, while allowing enough daylight to enter the building and providing a view to the outside.
Competitive comparison & pricing
MicroShade® is the defining benchmark for solar shading in the industry. No other solution is able to deliver the same combination of low g-value (energy efficiency), quality of light, view capability, installation simplicity, lifetime cost and CO2 impact. To sum it up MicroShade delivers:
Better energy performance
- g-value less than 10% at light transmittance over 40% (2 times the performance of next best solution)
- Passive progressive energy effect (up to 3 times the energy penetration during winter – only solution that can do this)
Better light experience
- Incredible >4/1 light to energy ratio (LT/g-value)
- Unparalleled view out % (+30% vs next best solution)
- 100 natural light (Ra-value)
- Unparalleled lifetime (as long as the glazing)
- Only 400 gr of low alloyed steel per m2
- 100% recyclable and easy disassembly after end of use
- Better lifetime energy effect
Better lifetime financials (Total Cost of Ownership)
- No lifetime costs; i.e. no repair, maintenance or configuration
- Better energy effect than the alternatives
- 100% financial and energy predictability (guaranteed)
- Ultra simple installation (just glass) with no extra mounting, cabling or CTS integration
For more information please visit: www.microshade.net